When you pay for an office cleaning service, you want to get what you pay for. If you are tasked with hiring and evaluating a commercial cleaning company to keep your office buildings looking great, you likely will start with a scope provided by the client or one your company has developed over time. As a service to you, we’ve put together a checklist of common office building cleaning tasks. Feel free to check this against your own list to see if you’re hitting all the bases you want to. Let’s start with daily cleaning.
Your reception area represents your customer’s first impression. You want it to always be bright, clean and inviting. A well organized and clean workplace helps to make everyone more productive. Cleaning tasks for the reception area and office spaces include:
- Empty waste receptacles and replace liners. Wash as needed.
- Vacuum all carpets and mats
- Damp wipe all horizontal surfaces with disinfectant
- Vacuum all hard floors
- Dust all horizontal surfaces of desks, chairs, tables and other furniture
- Mop all hard floors with disinfectant
- Remove cobwebs from front entry and immediate surrounding areas
- Remove fingerprints and marks from around light switches and door frames
- Clean automatic glass doors inside and out
- Collect all garbage, papers, bottles etc. from front entrance
- Wipe all internal glass
- Polish all brass and bright work on doors and cabinets
- Spot clean walls and painted surface
- Ensure all areas are clean & arranged neatly